Monday, May 18, 2009

How long...

I just never know with this things...but what's the ideal length (and width, for that matter) of a baby blanket? (gutter-minds-ladies!) Still hooking along on the entrelac baby blanket I started last week. What do you think the chances are that my SIL will pick these colors for her new baby girl?? What do you think the chances are that she might get it anyway...whatever the colors she picks!?!?!? What would you do? I've been thinking of just finishing it off and storing it...

But I really worked hard and it's just too cute to not give it away?!

6 comments:

Crafty Christina said...

Those are great colors for a baby girl. Besides, she'll want different color blankies, not just ones that all coordinate with her chosen colors.

Usually, a newborn blanket is about 36x36 inches.

Gloria P. said...

Those two colors I feel are unisex. I mean if it was pink and she was having a boy I would put it away for the next baby shower but that particular blue is very popular with baby girls right now. I made a poncho for my cousins 9mo old grandbaby and that blue was the color her daughter wanted.

I am leaving Wednesday for North Carolina and will have lots of time on my hands so maybe I will join you. You do know I will be email you with questions.

Oh I am getting anxiety, I have never been away from Tom for 3 weeks. I mean it is a nice break from my job as domestic engineer and I can crochet lots ..am I crazy or what!

Jan said...

Too good to put away!

Jan said...

p.s. nice playlist!

Caroline said...

Great colors and its looks sooo cozy!!! I ditto what Christina sez about needing lotsa blankies!

Cami said...

wow, this is great! I started one of these once and never ever finished it. I loved it but it was just really slow going. Maybe one day I'll pick it back up but I don't think I could ever part with it.