Tuesday, March 31, 2009

...like a bee.

I had a very productive weekend. First The western quilt top...I like the looks of it so far. But I didn't work on it as much as I wanted to, I got this far on Sunday afternoon...the rest of the weekend was spent making bags!


This bag I made for my sister...she bought the fabric and I had the pattern. I think I'm getting better...just don't look too closely! You'll see that my straight lines, wave a little at times.


The lining is a DARK purple with black polka dots so it was very hard to photograph.

I modified the pattern and put outside pockets on the sides...like she requested. I also split the handle in 2 instead of the sling handle the pattern originally calls for.

The next bag I made for the other sister, it's a diaper bag and it's SO CUTE! I love it and I can see me making a LOT more of these for future babies to come...unfortunately none will be my own (that ship has sailed). I used the same Amy butler pattern with similar modifications as above...except I put the outside pockets in the front of the bag.
I love the little iron on frogs!

I hope the mama-to-be love the bag and uses it often!

This morning as I was getting ready for work...I was thinking about how crafty I am (as I looked at all available surfaces that are/were covered in supplies...yarn, hooks, pins, scissors, scrap fabric...) but it dawned on me that my whole family is crafty. You've seen my crafts...but my other sister is an interior designer that's pretty crafty. The other sister is a cake decorator and she does an awesome job. Our dad dabbles in working with wood...I wish I had pictures of the work he's done but I do not. Take my word for it...he does a good job too.
So I come from a family of crafters and I think it really neat!

7 comments:

~CraftyMummy2two~ said...

ove the frog BAg Its soooo cute... I want one lol ... YOu did a great job I really need to start making bags again

Jan said...

Those are great - can't see any wavy lines! Very professional.

Anonymous said...

Wow, they are excellent!

Crafty Christina said...

Will you adopt me as a sister? Those bags are so awesome!

Chocolate and Steel said...

both bags are really cute. I dream of sewing such things but then when I do it I just get so frustrated. Great job to you!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the name drop, i hope i get some views and followers! :)

Cami said...

Super cute! Love the bags. I tried to make one once and failed misserably. I should probably try again, maybe even try following the pattern instead of just winging it.